The Municipal election took place on October 22, 2018. Thanks to everyone who participated.
- Mayor Rob Burton who was re-elected
- Janet Haslett-Theall, our new Ward 3 Town Councillor
- Dave Gittings who was acclaimed as our Regional Councillor
- Tanya Rocha who was elected as the new Wards 3 and 6 Trustee for Halton District School Board
- The new team of Halton Catholic District School Board Trustees for Oakville: Peter DeRosa, Nancy Guzzo and Helena Karabela (re-elected), all of whom can be contacted for Clearview issues and questions since they represent HCDSB families Town-wide, rather than by wards.
New representatives will begin their terms on December 3, 2018. Until then, contact the current representatives, whom the COCA Board thanks for their service: Nick Hutchins as our Ward 3 Town Councillor, Clearview resident Anne Harvey Hope as Ward 3’s Halton District School Board Trustee, and HCDSB Trustees completing their terms this Fall: Paul Mari, Anthony Danko, and Anthony Quinn.
COCA representatives look forward to continuing to advocate for Clearview at the Town, Region, and School Board levels. The COCA Board has met with all of our incoming Ward 3 representatives, and will be inviting them to meet Clearview residents at upcoming COCA meetings.
The COCA Board was pleased to help Clearview residents learn about the candidates by inviting the HDSB Trustee candidates to a COCA meeting, helping to organize the Ward 3 All Candidates meeting, and circulating videos of the debates to the COCA email list.
The next municipal election will be in four years in 2022.
Bob Brabers – President/Treasurer
Susan Alksnis – VP
Carol Deeth – VP
Tracy Chu – Treasurer
Louise Hynds – Secretary